Friday, September 17, 2010

1st Day of School

As I've mentioned before, Elli attends a class at her school on Wednesday mornings, and has since she was 8 months old. This past Wednesday, she started school again for the fall. It was fun to watch her waltz into her classroom like she owned the place - she didn't wait for me to say goodbye, nor was she about to wait for the teachers to wash her hands. She was headed to the toys to go play!

We were almost headed out the door when I realized that we needed the traditional "1st day of school" pictures (which is why her sunglasses are on). :-)


It was really fun to hear all about her class when I picked her up. This is the first time she's had the words to tell me what they did. She told me they had milk and pretzels for snack, they sang "Hurry, Hurry Drive the Firetruck" and got to wear a special hat while they sang, they read "The Big Red Barn", and they played with toys.

The rest of that day (and the rest of the week!), she has repeatedly asked to have "circle time". So she brings her stuffed friends, we sit on the floor in a circle (preferably on a blanket), and then we read "The Big Red Barn", we sing songs, and maybe do another fun activity. She loves to have all of her "friends" get a turn to choose the song. I'm so glad that she enjoys her class that much!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can just see her gathering all her friends on the blanket and then telling you to read or sing or whatever. She is quite an organizer, isn't she? Glad to hear she likes her class so much.

DiscoverHope7 said...

aww that is so cute! I wish I could find something like that around here... all preschools start at 3 here. At least church has puggles which starts at 2!