Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Feeding Baby

I love Elli's interest in pretend play. Yesterday, she decided that baby needed a "snack". So...she put baby in the same seat that Elli uses to get a snack, asked for a spoon, asked to be put in the chair where I usually sit to feed Elli, and proceeded to feed baby a snack.

At the beginning of all of Elli's meals, we explain the "rules" of the meal to her. We tell her, "Elli, we're going to start the timer. You're going to take bites of beef stew, green beans, and pears (or whatever it is she's eating that meal). You're going to take drinks. We're going to play together. When the timer goes 'Beep, beep, beep' we'll be all done." We let her see and smell the different foods so that she knows what's coming. Then we start the timer, and start with her first bite.

Yesterday, as she sat down to feed Baby, I heard her say, "Timer. Beep Beep Beep. All done." It made me laugh.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mrs. Ford said...

She's such a smart cookie...and cute to boot! :)

Nana said...

Those photos are just so precious! I can just about hear her saying those things to Santa baby and then feeding her. What a delight!