Well, I guess it's only real food if you count Oreos and potato chips as real food...but I'll take it! We had a church tailgater tonight, and she swallowed most of an Oreo and at least one potato chip. Yippee!! We start intensive feeding therapy tomorrow at the local hospital, and I'm hoping that this is the start of good things. :-)
(And in case you're wondering...Elli's way of eating an Oreo is to take one side of the cookie off, eat that cookie, lick the frosting off the other cookie, and then work on eating the cookie. I'm pretty sure there's an Oreo advertisement in there somewhere...) :-)
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woo hoo! How exciting! What a big step! Go Elli.
I can't believe that you questioned if Oreos and potato chips fit into the "real food" category! Of course they do!!! We've been praying specifically for Elli to start swallowing...now we'll pray for her to continue to progress to NUTRITIOUS real food! ;)
good job Elli! We are so proud of you!!! Can't wait to hear she swallowed steak!!! hehehe... she is missin out on Daddy's good cooking!
Post a Comment