Saturday, January 10, 2009

I love books!

I love to read books. When I'm teething and miserable, the one thing that will distract me everytime is reading a book. When I'm tired, but my mom is trying to keep me awake so that my naps don't get messed up, she reads me a book, and then I forget how tired I am. I love to look at the pictures, feel any textures on the "touch and feel" books, and, of course, eat the corners.

My favorite book right now doesn't have any writing in it - it just has pictures. Each page compares a picture of a baby animal with a picture of a human baby, usually looking a lot alike. (My mom thinks this book is pretty funny, too!) I will sit and look at this book for a very long time, and my mom thought I was so cute "reading" my book that she just had to take pictures.
The most interesting thing that my mom noticed is that I look at both pictures on each page, and then I stare at the picture of the human baby and smile. I never smile at the animal baby, and I only look at the animal baby for a split second before moving onto the human baby. It doesn't matter whether the human baby is on the right or left, I always stare and smile at the human baby, not the animal. So, obviously, I can see well enough to differentiate between the two.

I often will also touch the human baby after smiling at the baby, but I never touch the animal baby. So I definitely can tell a difference. That made my mom very happy!


Thank you, "Aunt" Kris for the wonderful book!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is too cute!!! I guess she can see! Hurray!

Heather V said...

She looks so studious sitting on the couch reading! I am thanking God tonight for the affirmation (of what we were already noticing) that she can see!